CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2018

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

Ways of Health Financing during Illness Events at household level; and its determinants among Rural Community of Delhi, India

Author: 
Lalit Kumar Chandrawanshi and Richa Kapoor
Subject Area: 
Health Sciences
Abstract: 

Background: In developing countries like India, where coverage of health insurance schemes is low, most healthcare costs are meted by out-of-pocket expenditure by people which leads to the vicious cycle of indebtness and impoverishment. The present study was done to identify the various ways of financing illness events and examine their relationship with health insurance and socio-demographic factors of a rural population of Delhi, India. Materials and method: The study was conducted in five randomly selected villages of Najafgarh, Delhi. Probability proportional to size was used to decide the samples to be taken from each of the five villages and systematic random sampling was done for selection of households in each village. The head of household (HoH) of the selected households were included in the study. Data was collected using pretested semi structured questionnaire through personal interview method. Results: A total of 370 HoH were interviewed. Out of these, 25.9% were covered by health insurance schemes. A total of 39.7% study subjects had history of illness in family (chronic disease or hospitalization for any duration / treatment for any illness lasting 1 week and more within the past one year). Only 23.1% of these subjects met the medical expenses by health insurance scheme while the remaining 76.9% made out-of-pocket expenditure (OOP) to meet the medical expenses. OOP was more significantly more common in study subjects who were less educated, employed in unorganised sector and belonged to low socio-economic status. Conclusion: There is need to increase the health insurance/ social security net to the larger section of rural population to decrease out-of-pocket expenditure on health.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR

Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil

ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran