CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2019

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ct based morphometric analysis of sacro-iliac joint in south indian demography

Author: 
Dr. Athul Antony Simon, Dr. Stelin Agnes Michael, Dr. Lizamma Alex, Dr. Geena Benjami and Mrs. Nisha Kurien
Subject Area: 
Health Sciences
Abstract: 

Background: Various disease processes can affect the sacroiliac joint (SIJ) altering its joint anatomy causing low back ache. The information obtained from physical examination of SIJ is often not adequate and the use of the radiological imaging methods gains importance for the diagnosis of SIJ diseases. Objective: The main objective of this study was to measure the articular space width of SIJ, in-order to ascertain its normal size and to probe the anatomic variations of SIJ in relation to age and sex of the patient, within south Indian population using Computed Tomography (CT). Materials and methods: A retrospective cross-sectional radiological study was performed utilizing 3mm abdominal & pelvic CT slices acquired from 301 patients (197 males; 104 females) without sacroiliac complaint, who had undergone scanning for other unrelated pathology. Result: The overall mean SIJ space width measured was 2.63±0.78 mm. The mean joint space width for males and females were 2.54±0.67 mm and 2.79±0.93 mm respectively. In adults below 40 years, the measured width was 2.71±0.89 mm and in older patients it was 2.66±0.77 mm. 130 (43.2%) individuals had uniform SIJ and remaining 171 (56.8%) showed non-uniformity. Five anatomical variations were observed; accessory SIJ (9 patients, 3%), iliosacral complex (26 patients, 8%), semicircular defect (23 patients, 7%), ossification centers (9 patients, 3%) and crescentic defect (2 patients, 1%). Conclusion: This study has helped us determine the normal SIJ space width existing in South Indian population and determine the frequency of observed anatomic variants. The data acquired through this study, along with its inferences can help in various pathological correlations.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran