CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2019

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

 

 

 

 

A cross sectional study on sleep quality of a call center employees working night shifts in India.

Author: 
Dr. Niyati Patra and Dr. Jayaraj R Mhetri
Subject Area: 
Social Sciences and Humanities
Abstract: 

Background: There have been substantial increases in newer business models like business process outsourcing (BPOs) in last two decades in India. Various factors have contributed to the conducive environment in India for these businesses to boom which include, cheaper labor costs and the pool of skilled, English speaking Indians have been the foremost factors. The employees working at night may be unable to sleep adequately during daytime, which can compromise their health status. Few studies indicate that the night shift duties result in serious health concerns for call center employees, it was observed that sleep disorders were present among 83% of employees. Objectives: To assess the sleep quality using Athens insomnia scale. Methods: The present study is a cross sectional study. Results: The mean age of employees in the study was 25.35 years. Majority of the employees were males 78.4% were males; most of them were unmarried 87.5%, 11.5% married, and rest of the 1 % were divorced. Most of the employees were graduates i.e. 84.2% and 7% were post-graduates; rest of the employees had diplomas. In the present study, majority of the employees worked in night shift or changing shift 83% the remaining 17 % worked in day shift. 82 % of the participants worked for 7–9 hours per day, rest of the 18.0% worked for 9–14 hours per day. About 48% of the employees were cigarette smokers. 91.4% of these were males and 8.6% were females. Most of the 56% of the employees who smoked cited the reason for smoking as stress and 11% smoked to stay up at night. About 47% of the employees consumed alcohol. Only about 21.6% call employees did not have any type of sleep problems; 63.5% had suspected insomnia and 14.9% had insomnia according to the Athens insomnia scale. Conclusion The call center employees need to be screened for Regular health check-ups, the employees need to have access to consultation of counsellors and need to educated about the sleep hygiene and healthy lifestyle. Large scale multicentric studies should be conducted to better understand the epidemiology of the problem

PDF file: 

Announcement

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran